Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 1

Picture discussion 1
This picture depicts a scene of a room in the hospital. Judging by the way arrangements and facilities in this room, I believe that this room is meant to be a recreational multi-purpose room. In the picture, two nurses can be seen playing a balloon ball with some patients in the hospital. I think this is very good as the patients get entertainment even when they are in a hospital and at the same time they can get some exercise. The things in the room is stable and clean, so I think that this hospital is not run-down and is pretty clean and good for the patients. Through the windows, plants can be seen. This is good as fresh air can be breathed in by the patients and let them have a healthier body. The patients in the picture, however, do not seem to be having much fun. I think they are not interested in the game but is forced to play. I think patients should have the right to choose if they want to play games.

Conv 1
1.I have a grandmother who is six-six this year. She is a very nice person who greets life happily with a positive attitude unlike many elderly people. She means alot to the family and she has given alot to it too. I have learned a great deal from her, mostly on the way to treat people. She cares about how other people feel and has a great sense of responsibility. If I could do something special for her, I would get the whole family to give her a surprise on her birthday. That's the least she deserves.
2.I think elderly people should have the rights to be taken care of by their children. They should also be treated well by their family and live in a good environment where they can remain healthy. If I could design a special home, I would design one with many plants and facilities for them to exercise. I feel that healthcare and nursing homes for elderly should be made cheaper, but not free of charge as it will dampen the economy.

No comments: