Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 5

Picture discussion 5
This picture depicts a scene of an experiment in class. In this picture, a few students, under guidance by a teacher, is conducting a math experiment and taking down things which I assume is the results they collected. They seem to be very focused on the experiment which is a good thing as they can get better results. The teacher seems to be enjoying helping them which is another good thing as dedicated teachers can produce better students. The curtain behind them is closed, possibly on purpose to avoid sunlight disturbing the experiment. The experiment seems to be going successfully.
Conv 5
1.I enjoy Elective History. It interesting to learn about things that happened in the past and how people of the present look at them. History is also a good way to help you make your decisions on what to do now as past mistakes can be used as lessons. I don't like working with my hands as I am very lazy and working with hands usually leads to imperfection in results. However, I believe doing things helps us learn more, whether the information are accurate or not. Experience is always better for students.
2.I believe some subjects are more useful in the future than the others but nothing can be said for certain. If I were to redesign my school timetable, I would put in more useful subjects like english and put in less subjects which there is a bigger chance you wont use like geography. However that would be unfair to people who are interested in the subjects that are not as important based on the average. So I would probably just let the timetable be as balanced as possible. I think school prepares me for half of my life, and the things I do prepare for the other half. School can give you a general and average opinion of what you will face in the future but what you do to welcome the future is entirely up to you.

No comments: