Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 7

Picture Discussion 7
1. This picture depicts a scene of a mass cleaning of a hawker centre. In the picture, many people are using water hoses to wash the tables, chairs and floors of the hawker centre while some people are watching them do it. I think this is a very good habit as regularly washing hawker centres can provide a good eating environment for the public. As most of the people doing the washing are wearing home clothes, I believe this is a voluntary activity and most of the people doing it are normal citizens. I think it is a good behaviour to contribute to your community like this and I believe the people watching them should start to contribute too and help in the washing. That way, everybody would have to do less work.
Conv 7
1.I live in a five-room flat in Pasir Ris. Even though it is not very big, it is spacious enough for a family of four to live in and the environment is good too as my houes is not very near the main road. This helps in our sleeping every night as it is not noisy. I think I am not a very tidy or organised person. Usually I just leave things at the place I last used them and tend to forget where I put things. I keep my house clean by vaccuuming the house and mopping it when I have free time.
2.I think hygience is very important for health. Living in an unhygienic place and breathing in air that is not clean may damage your organs. Keeping good hygiene is troublesome, hence many people refuse to do it and find it difficult to constantly keep things clean. Being too hygienic can cause a person to be paranoid and it can also let a person judge others who are not hygienic. Also, being too hygienic may cause other people to stay away from you, afraid that you might have mental problems.

No comments: